WILEY L. KIMBROUGH and LODGE #91
Meeting times: 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 7:00 p.m.
1403 W. 5th St., Santa Ana, CA 92702
Wiley L. Kimbrough #91 was founded by Joseph B Collins in 1957.
Brother Collins served as the Commander-in-Chief of the Los Angeles Consistory #26 and was an Illustrious Potentate of Muharram Temple #95. He submitted the Charter in 1956 and was our lodges first Worshipful Master.
WILEY L. KIMBROUGH
Their is not a lot known of Wiley Kimbrough but records do show him serving as Most Worshipful Grand Master in Texas. Some of his contributions were him heading some major California Programs such which included Public Affairs, Insurance Programs currently in place, Corporate Affairs, Publicity and assisted in updating the current constitution and bi laws.
He passed at the age of 102 in 1948.
This lodge was founded in his honor. His grand daughter appeared at the Opening ceremony and presented the lodge his sword. That sword still being used in masonic ceremonies today.
PRINCE HALL FREEMASONRY
Prince Hall Freemasonry Is a branch of North American Freemasonry founded by Prince Hall in the 18th century and composed predominantly of African Americans. There are two main types of Prince Hall Freemasonry, one of which consists of independent Grand Lodges, some of which are considered regular by the United Grand Lodge of England and the Prince Hall National Grand Lodge.
Prince Hall (1735-1807) was the organizer and founder of Masonry among men of Color. Thought to have been born in Barbados around 1735, he first worked as a leather-dresser, later as a laborer by day and studying at night. He educated himself and became a leader in the efforts to eliminate slavery and bring about a stronger unified people. He was instrumental in freeing many slaves. He was an abolitionist and a patriot, as he volunteered to fight in the American Revolution and was later accepted in the Continental Army led by George Washington.
The Prince Hall Masonic Temple in South Los Angeles area of Los Angeles, California is a historic club building associated with Prince Hall Freemasonry. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009. The structure, built in 1926, is a two-story masonry building which has been described as "very simple in design